Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Music Portion Of The Glides Project

Today I'm finally starting on the podcast for my Glides project. Because it has to do with rhetoric used in sexual appeals in the 1960's, I'm going to use two songs from The Doors. I'm going to use L.A. Woman and Light My Fire. Both of these songs, if you listen closely, have many things to do with sex. What I'll be doing is analyzing their methods of portraying this and seeing how it helped them sell the songs. 
Not Only will I use the actual song in the podcasts, I'm going to use the lyrics of Brown Sugar by The Rolling Stones as my literature requirement. Songs have to be written, and many will agree that they are like poems, therefore I'm going to take advantage of this and make something not so enjoyable, very interesting using something I love; music. 

No comments: